A few months ago, I wrote a list of the books on my bedside table. I had planned to read a little bit before going to sleep. Well, that just doesn’t work for me. But, I do have a couple of books that I’m in the middle of, reading sometimes a bit in the morning, sometimes at naptime, and at other random times. So here is my current reading list:
1. Seasons of a Mother’s Heart by Sally Clarkson- Actually, I just finished this book this week. It was so encouraging and inspiring. I highly recommend it as encouragement for the homeschool mom. I have now exchanged it for rereading Sally & Clay Clarkson’s Educating the Wholehearted Child, another book I highly recommend.
2. Trial and Triumph by Richard M. Hannula- I bought this book many years ago, before I had children, when I was teaching at a homeschool co-op at my church. We were doing Tapestry of Grace Year 3 and this book was recommended. For various reasons, I never read it or went through it with my class, but I always wanted to. So, recently, I have been very inspired to read stories of Christian heroes to my children to inspire them to more fully love the Lord. Before I read it to them though, I want to read through it myself. So I’ve been reading a chapter a morning with my devotions since each chapter is so short. I am enjoying it so far.
3. 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life by Crystal Paine- I am reading this and going through the process she outlines to develop more discipline. I’ve skimmed through the book and I’m on Day 2 of my project. I am very inspired by her encouragement and words of wisdom.
4. Home Education, Volume 1 in Charlotte Mason’s Original Homeschooling Series- I’ve been slowly rereading this book and keeping track of the particularly helpful suggestions and ideas- so far I’ve read through Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV.
5. When I get a chance to read something fun, I plan to read either The Talisman Ring by Georgette Heyer or continue reading through The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.