1. Petook An Easter Story – We love this story! A great tale of a rooster present at the first Easter Sunday.
2. Jan Brett’s The Easter Egg– A sweet story with robins, eggs, and bunnies. A beautiful tale of compassion.
3. The Matzah Man A Passover Story- My children recognized this as a version of The Gingerbread Man and it was quite a fun read.
4. The Matzah That Papa Brought Home– I really enjoyed the rhythm of this story and it told the traditions of the Passover well.
5. The Parable of the Lily- A cute story about a little girl who gets an Easter lily bulb as a gift from her father. We always read this the day of our Easter countdown that we get our Easter lily.
6. Bunny’s Easter Egg- Fun story with really cute illustrations. This is really a story for our younger children, but all of the kids really get into hunting for the Easter eggs in the pages.
7. The Story of Easter by Christopher Doyle- Of all the picture books that relate the Easter story, I like this one the best.
And here is a question for any of you- did anyone of you ever read the story, Haffertee’s First Easter? I remember reading this very fun and brief chapter book about a little stuffed hamster who learns the meaning of Easter when I was a child. My mother and sister don’t remember it! I think my grandma may have bought me the book. Boy, that was a cute story. It is part of a whole series about Haffertee. If I can’t find it buried in some book box that arrived in my garage when my mom cleared out hers and gave me all of my old stuff, I might have to pick up a used copy on Amazon.