Last week was our first week of school and we had lots of fun! I continued to ignore all of the boxes and just focused on school. I’m hoping that as I settle into a routine, I’ll have a bit more time for things like unpacking. We’ll see.
Top Five Memorable Moments of this Week:
1. Our Time Traveling Adventures with Leif the Lucky. I gave the agents the file that needed a bit more information. So they were charged with the mission to go back in time and find out more about this mystery man. They had to scan their fingerprint into the machine (a fingerprint scanning mood app on my iPhone) and then they got into the the time machine. I made sure to change my hair and put on sunglasses as the agents were traveling in the box so that when they came out I was a little different. And I offered them coats and blankets as we were getting on a boat (our couch) in the Northern Atlantic Ocean (our living room)! Princess K was enthusiastic the whole time. X-man took a little warming to the idea every day. He would say, “Mommy, I know you’re our mommy and we are not actually going anywhere.” I soldiered on as if he had said nothing. By the time I was ducking out of the way of waves and pointing and laughing at big buckets of porridge, he was in.
2. X-man’s utter delight with Math. He is his father’s son.
3. My extremely competitive first grader’s ridiculously long losing streak in the Right Start Math game, “Swim to Ten.” Princess K beat him the first game and then decided to stop playing. I then stepped in and played many, many rounds so that he could have a chance to win. It was a good time to disciple him in how to lose and then discuss with him strategies for the game. When he finally won he was elated and I was very relieved.
4. My kids’ enthusiasm in discovering “notebooking”. They absolutely loved drawing pictures about what we read and they loved telling me and then their daddy all about it. It was awesome! Great learning is happening here- I love it.
5. Playing “Peekaboo!” with this cutie pie (and then kissing those lips! I cannot resist!):